Friday, December 7, 2007

Here are some of the cabins the people lived in.
When we were leaving this deer was right next to the car only a few feet away. We saw a total of 8 deer during that trip. Taylor kept count for us.

Blacksmith



This was an old barn. The kids are standing next to a type of wagon.








The real working Mill. We walked in and they were grinding corn for cornmeal.




Here is Aunt Becky's house. She was one of the women who settled in this area.






Cades Cove Missionary Baptist Church








We went over to Cades Cove. The deer in the picture was only a few feet from the car. As long as no one bothered the deer they would stay right next to the road.






2 comments:

SM said...

Hey! Last time I checked your site was when you first made it... and I thought you had told me you hadn't gotten the chance to update it. I'm glad I checked tonight so that I could see the pics from Gatlinburg ... however... it has been almost a month now... so someone needs to update some more:) Maybe even with some Christmas photos! :) Love ya! ... o...and I hope you check this to see your comments;) ~Melissa

Elijahpayne said...

I agree with Melissa. You really need some new pics up there. Love you and see you soon.